Teacher Guide: Lesson Plans
U.S. Curriculum Standards
- As a result of the activities, all students should develop an understanding natural hazards.
- As a result of the activities, all students should develop an understanding of science and technology in society.
- As a result of the activities, all students should develop an understanding of energy in the earth system.
- As a result of the activities, all students should develop an understanding of interactions of energy and matter.
- 3.5: All students will view, understand, and use nontextual visual information and representations for critical comparison, analysis, and evaluation.
- 5.1: All students will develop problem-solving, decision-making and inquiry skills, reflected by formulating usable questions and hypotheses, planning experiments, conducting systematic observations, interpreting and analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and communicating results.
- 5.2: All students will develop an understanding of how people of various cultures have contributed to the advancement of science and technology, and how major discoveries and events have advanced science and technology.
- 6.6: All students will apply knowledge of spatial relationships and other geographic skills to understand human behavior in relation to the physical and cultural environment.
- 8.1: All students will use computer applications to gather and organize information and to solve problemss.
- 8.2: All students will develop an understanding of the nature and impact of technology, engineering, technological design, and the designed world as they relate to the individual, society, and the environment.